forums samir isaoui
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamal Jordan, Ex-Christian, USA

Go down

Jamal Jordan, Ex-Christian, USA Empty Jamal Jordan, Ex-Christian, USA

Post by samirisaoui Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:30 am

Description: Reading a book turned him to Islam. 
By Jamal Jordan
Published on 27 Jun 2011 - Last modified on 11 Sep 2011
Viewed: 4653 (daily average: 5) - Rating: 4.7 out of 5 - Rated by: 18
Printed: 116 - Emailed: 2 - Commented on: 3

Category: Articles > Stories of New Muslims > Men 

My name is Jamal Jordan, born and raised in South Carolina, USA.  My family raised me Baptist (Christian) and I was an avid, active Christian up until about a month ago when I embraced Islam.
I was born down in Florida in 1995 to a family of nothing but Christians.  We then moved to South Carolina, and we currently reside in the region known as “the Bible Belt”.  As the name hints, there is a lot of Christianity around here.  There are churches everywhere, and churches are always holding events and dinners.  Pretty much the whole community is Christian.  Needless to say, I was raised in a Church, and thus adopted the beliefs and never really questioned them.  I enjoyed the Church.   I joined a local youth group and a choir.  I attended many leadership conferences and other seminars, and I eventually obtained a leadership position in my church’s youth.  We launched many mission trips across various under privileged areas to help “spread the good news” and build churches.  I considered myself lucky, and proud to have been a Christian, and not born into any other religion.  Little did I know that we are all born as Muslims.
This leads me to the next part, Islam.  Growing up I didn’t know anything about Islam, except that they called God “Allah” and followed a man named Muhammad (may God praise him).  And the only exposure I had to Islam was the through the media in the wake of 9/11.  I remember my dad telling me that “Muslims are your enemy“.  I didn’t really know what to think, but I avoided Islam all together.  And then a Muslim family moved here from Jordan.  I became friends with the boy who is my age, when we had a class together earlier this year.  When he mentioned that his religion was Islam, I was intrigued, and asked him a few questions.  That’s when I found out that they are very similar to Christians.  This little revelation interested me, but not to the point that I was motivated to study. 
One day, when traveling to a church conference, I was discussing Islam with another friend of mine, a Christian, and he said that he wanted to read a Quran, so that he could see what it said for himself.  I agreed with him.  While at the conference, I contemplated about how to convert my friend to Christianity.  I came to the conclusion that I would first build a relationship with him, and then start the process.  I continued with this plan for a while actually, but one day I went into my school’s library, and it changed everything.  I saw a book entitled “Islam basic beliefs and teachings” and decided to check it out.  Later at home when I read it, everything I read amazed me for some reason.  There was literally something inside of me making me want to believe what I was reading.  It all made sense.  I read about the prophets, may God praise them all, and the biography of Muhammad, (may God praise him).  Also, the book displayed how to pray, and I thought it was beautiful.  That same day, I did some searches on the internet, and learned all I could about Islam.  I was still a Christian, but whenever I read articles from www.answering-christianity.org, or listened to debates, I found myself pulling for the Muslim side.  At this point, I had already been convinced about Islam, but I still needed background information… So I studied for about 6 months.  I studied every topic in Islam at least twice. 
At about 5 months in, I was basically a Muslim.  I knew how to pray in Arabic, I had memorized 4 surahs (chapters) of the Quran and I owned 3 copies of the Quran.  But I was still having identity issues.  Eventually I mustered up the courage to go online and convert.  I used the site “Chat Islam online” al-hamdulillah (All praise and thanks are due to God) it was great! The sister I converted with was very nice and helpful, and sent me more valuable information.  And the next day, I told my Muslim friend about my conversion, and he was extremely happy for me.  He welcomed me as a brother, and even got me a prayer mat.   Allah made it easy for me, and for that I am most grateful. 
Although there is one problem that lurks over me today… I am practicing Islam in secret.  I am only 16, and still live under the jurisdiction of my parents.  They would probably harm me if they found out I converted, not to mention I would be ostracized and maybe disowned.  I have faith that God will guide me and protect me. 
Anyone considering Islam that is in a position similar to mine should have the same faith, that God will help you out if you embrace Islam.  I hope my story can serve a good purpose for anyone out there who is considering Islam.   

the source of this article is: www.IslamReligion.com
Copyright © 2006-2013 IslamReligion.com. All rights reserved. Privacy policy is here.

samirisaoui
Admin

عدد المساهمات : 2560
تاريخ التسجيل : 2013-07-05

https://info-samir-isaoui.1talk.net

Back to top Go down